In general, all cleaning products containing soap and detergents. Soaps are chemicals made from natural materials such as oil and grease, while the detergent is a chemical compound called alkylbenzene sulfonate which is mixed with sodium hydroxide (NaOH). Of the cleaning materials there must be a side effect that can harm the environment. For that you need to know what are the side effects of cleaners that contain chemicals:
- Damaging soil functions. This is because the chemical constituents in certain cleaning agents difficult broken down by microorganisms in the soil.
- Disposal of waste waters detergents and household sewers that flowed in the soil can cause the organism / dead animals in the waters.
- Detrimental to human health. Eg floor cleaners that contain active ingredients that are disinfectant benzalkonium chloride, caustic, corrosive and can cause irritation to the skin and if the eyes can cause eye irritation.
There are many ways to avoid or prevent the negative effects on the environment cleaner language and the health of one of them is:
- Reduce the use of detergents to replace it with soap, because soap is smaller than the negative effects of detergents. or using cleaning products that don’t contain chemicals such as eco friendly cleaning products.
- Choosing detergent waste is broken down by microorganisms (biodegradable) and its low levels of ABS, for example: dodesil detergents containing sodium sulfate
- Using natural cleaning agents such as lime, rice husks, coconut etc. astringent.
- Cleaning store in a safe place and keep out of reach of children.
From the article above we can take the point that we must always be careful in choosing cleaning materials so that the beauty and health of the environment is always awake. That article Side Effects Cleansing & How to Avoid it, look forward to the upcoming new posts.